Friday, October 14, 2016

Food, thanks for being Delish!

Do you ever wonder where people are getting their recipes from these days? Maybe traditional cookbooks or pages in magazines, but who ever would have thought Facebook would be a great source for finding deliciously looking, mouth watering recipes? I know when I scroll through Facebook, my timeline is filled with recipes and videos like the ones below from websites like Delish and Tasty. I’m not complaining, though. 


Social media is dominating modern-day society. The number of Facebook users has been on the rise for a while now. According to Statista, Facebook has 1.71 billion monthly active users so far in 2016. Young teens, college kids, parents, and even granparents have Facebook accounts. That’s a lot of people. So why would it not be a good idea to promote your brand on one of the greatest social platforms?

Delish’s recipes are exactly what their name is: delicious. I’ve recently moved into my own apartment, forcing me to cook all the time (every college kids dream, right?). Delish and Tasty both post videos showing users how to make the recipe and how much of each ingredient you need in less than a minute. To gain a clearer understanding, the video above shows users step by step instructions on how to make these 8 different appetizers for any game day. Seeing how each step of the process is supposed to look makes it easier for people like me that don’t exactly know how to cook. I screenshot their Facebook posts to save them for later and also look on their websites for easy, cheap and quick recipes to try. So far, they’ve all been a success. From zucchini tots to honeydew sorbet, they know it all. 

Have you ever made a meal from a post on Facebook? Share your thoughts below J




https://www.statista.com/statistics/264810/number-of-monthly-active-facebook-users-worldwide/

1 comment:

  1. I love Delish! And I get all their recipes through Facebook. They hook me in with a great picture of the dish. Then I watch the video and learn how easy it is to make. Then I do it! I love this new way of finding new dishes for my family and I to try!

    ReplyDelete